Sunday, January 29, 2006

Terrorist Tunnel

© Copyright 2006 Davoid.


This photo was taken from platform 3 at Flagstaff train station in Melbourne's City Loop underground train network.

I was waiting for my train, as you do, and I had about 10 minutes to kill. I was standing amongst the 50 or so people around me and I was looking at the tunnel opening and I remembered I had my digital camera with me, so I get it out and start taking a few photos of the tunnel. Over the P.A. there's the usual "train delayed" announcement and then the bloke says "And no photography allowed" and continues on with another announcement. I thought "he's talking to me" and I noticed the big black dome with the security camera to the right of the tunnel. At first I thought "you've got to be kidding, this is a public place". I'd taken the photos I wanted so I put my camera away. Then I thought "oh, its because of terrorists that you can't take photos in the underground", you know, in case I was casing the joint for bomb placement. So I could understand, but on the other hand it bugged me. I fantasised about sticking my finger up at the security camera and then security guards arriving on the platform and me running through the people to get away.

No comments: